Over 50% of young people use mobile to interact with brands
LONDON - More than half of UK 18- to 34-year-olds are engaging with brands through their mobile phone.
According to new research, 57% of 18- to 34-year-olds have interacted with a company via an SMS short code number and 60% have used their phone to access mobile content in the past three months.
This compares with 40% of all adults that have used a short code and 41% that have accessed content in the past three months.
The research, from the latest Enpocket Mobile Media Monitor UK conducted by Enpocket with Harris Interactive, also showed increased interest in content applications such as music (34%), movies (22%) and photos (52%).
The research found that 18-34s were most interested in content services. When asked what applications they would use if price was not a barrier, 67% selected sharing pictures with family and friends, 58% in downloading songs, 53% in video calling, and 39% in watching movie trailers or sporting highlight video clips.
The findings support a recent IDC report which found revealed consumers find mobile advertising acceptable if the ads are useful, meaningful and targeted.
Jeremy Wright, co-founder of Enpocket, said: "Consumers are in many ways ahead of brands in their use of mobile. They are ready and willing to be engaged through the channel, particularly if cost is taken out of the equation through supporting advertising. Building greater understanding of the consumer through intelligent mobile marketing makes mobile services more relevant to consumers and mobile advertising more effective for marketers."
Paolo Pescatore, EMEA research manager, Consumer European Wireless and Mobile Communications said: "Mobile operators will have to embrace mobile advertising, which is key in their strategies for the coming years."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London