Sparrowhawk Media launches Movies 24
Sparrowhawk Media Group, run by chairman David Elstein, the former chief executive of Five, is launching a free-to-air film channel.
The company, which owns international versions of the Hallmark Channel, including the UK operation, has appointed Dolphin Television as the airtime sales house for the channel, to be called Movies 24.
It will launch on Sky on 1 July, with Dolphin responsible for all spot advertising sales, teleshopping, plus sponsorship and promotions.
Movies 24, which will broadcast 24 hours, will feature made-for-TV films from major studios, independent producers and the Sparrowhawk library.
Meanwhile, Hallmark has also launched a £2m marketing strategy, under new marketing director Vicky Mitchell, who joined the company last month from Homechoice. It kicks off with a campaign to support the UK premiere of new Canadian police drama Blue Murder, with TV advertising and six-sheet posters at 550 sites. It was produced by Bruce Dunlop Associates, with media by BLM.
This article was first published on Media Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...