Sparrowhawk Media launches Movies 24
Sparrowhawk Media Group, run by chairman David Elstein, the former chief executive of Five, is launching a free-to-air film channel.
The company, which owns international versions of the Hallmark Channel, including the UK operation, has appointed Dolphin Television as the airtime sales house for the channel, to be called Movies 24.
It will launch on Sky on 1 July, with Dolphin responsible for all spot advertising sales, teleshopping, plus sponsorship and promotions.
Movies 24, which will broadcast 24 hours, will feature made-for-TV films from major studios, independent producers and the Sparrowhawk library.
Meanwhile, Hallmark has also launched a £2m marketing strategy, under new marketing director Vicky Mitchell, who joined the company last month from Homechoice. It kicks off with a campaign to support the UK premiere of new Canadian police drama Blue Murder, with TV advertising and six-sheet posters at 550 sites. It was produced by Bruce Dunlop Associates, with media by BLM.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)