Sparrowhawk Media launches Movies 24
Sparrowhawk Media Group, run by chairman David Elstein, the former chief executive of Five, is launching a free-to-air film channel.
The company, which owns international versions of the Hallmark Channel, including the UK operation, has appointed Dolphin Television as the airtime sales house for the channel, to be called Movies 24.
It will launch on Sky on 1 July, with Dolphin responsible for all spot advertising sales, teleshopping, plus sponsorship and promotions.
Movies 24, which will broadcast 24 hours, will feature made-for-TV films from major studios, independent producers and the Sparrowhawk library.
Meanwhile, Hallmark has also launched a £2m marketing strategy, under new marketing director Vicky Mitchell, who joined the company last month from Homechoice. It kicks off with a campaign to support the UK premiere of new Canadian police drama Blue Murder, with TV advertising and six-sheet posters at 550 sites. It was produced by Bruce Dunlop Associates, with media by BLM.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London