Sparrowhawk Media launches Movies 24
Sparrowhawk Media Group, run by chairman David Elstein, the former chief executive of Five, is launching a free-to-air film channel.
The company, which owns international versions of the Hallmark Channel, including the UK operation, has appointed Dolphin Television as the airtime sales house for the channel, to be called Movies 24.
It will launch on Sky on 1 July, with Dolphin responsible for all spot advertising sales, teleshopping, plus sponsorship and promotions.
Movies 24, which will broadcast 24 hours, will feature made-for-TV films from major studios, independent producers and the Sparrowhawk library.
Meanwhile, Hallmark has also launched a £2m marketing strategy, under new marketing director Vicky Mitchell, who joined the company last month from Homechoice. It kicks off with a campaign to support the UK premiere of new Canadian police drama Blue Murder, with TV advertising and six-sheet posters at 550 sites. It was produced by Bruce Dunlop Associates, with media by BLM.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...