Royal Navy to review £10m ad and media account
LONDON - The Royal Navy is to review its estimated £10m advertising and media account, currently held by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Mediaedge:cia.
The Royal Navy has asked a mix of communication planning and creative agencies to develop a new campaign.
The pitch will include: Naked and Clemmow Hornby Inge; and Carat and WCRS; as well as DFGW and Universal McCann.
Rainey Kelly has held the creative account for 20 years and will repitch along with media agency Mediaedge:cia, which has also been attached to the Royal Navy for around 20 years.
It is understood the campaign will target 16- to 24-year-olds in an attempt to raise awareness of careers in the Royal Navy.
In addition, it is believed to include cinema and press activity and concentrate on men's lifestyle magazines.
The Royal Navy launched an email recruitment campaign and online advertising drive aimed at promoting opportunities within its fleet air division last April. The campaign was created by Glue London and media planning and buying by digital agency i-level.
The creative featured the line "Join the navy and work here" next to an image of a desk and then the words "and here" next to the now defunct Sea Harrier Jump Jet aircraft.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London