CHI secures Anchor as shops fight on
Clemmow Hornby Inge has retained the £7 million Anchor butter account in the ongoing £25 million Arla Foods review.
The appointment leaves DDB London and Wieden & Kennedy still pitching for Arla's Lurpak business, which DDB has held since 1993. Both agencies have been asked to present more ideas.
A spokeswoman for Arla said the company's Cravendale milk brand, which has been with DDB London since 1998, was not included in the original pitch. However, a source close to the business says advertising duties for Cravendale will be decided once the Lurpak pitch has been concluded.
This could see Arla splitting its business between three agencies, a move that would reverse the Danish dairy giant's decision to consolidate advertising duties for its brands within just one shop.
Arla kicked off its review in December last year following the departure of the head of marketing, Hanne Sondergaard, when Simon Stevens was named the UK marketing director in a management reshuffle.
CHI won the Anchor business from WCRS in 2003 with a brief to raise the butter's profile as a tradional, but healthy, product in a market increasingly dominated by lower-fat spreads.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)