MPG takes £4m buying brief for Danepak
LONDON - Media Planning Group has been awarded the £4m buying brief for the relaunch of Danepak, manufacturer of bacon and pork products, though strategic communications planning agency Edwards Groom Saunders.
The assignment of the buying brief follows last week's appointment of start-up Edwards Groom Saunders in partnership with creative agency Hooper Galton.
All three agencies will now work to reinvigorate the brand, which has not advertised since 2002 and now faces increasing pressure from cheaper supermarket own-brand products. The three will work on a campaign to launch later this year, which will include print, radio and online activity.
Jez Groom, partner at Edwards Groom Saunders, said: "Hooper Galton will handle the creative work on the account, while MPG and ourselves will handle the media. We are expecting the work to break toward the end of the year, probably in the autumn."
Danepak's parent company is Tulip Foods, part of the Danish Crown Group. The company's products include SuperTops, Danish Prime, TenderPork, Danepak and the Plumrose ready meals brand. The firm has previously been involved in consumer and trade advertising, promoting its products to retailers and mass catering operations.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England