MindShare and IBM link up for Wimbledon campaign
LONDON - IBM and MindShare have teamed up to create four exclusive vignettes for the forthcoming Wimbledon tennis championships, to be screened during the two-week tournament.
IBM, the official supplier of live score and match data coverage for Wimbledon, and MindShare Performance worked with CNBC Europe, the financial news channel, to commission 'What Makes Wimbledon Special', a series of one-and-a-half minute programmes, which will feature Wimbledon and IBM executives being interviewed about their experiences of the tournament.
The programmes will be screened at three locations in the Broadgate area of London: Exchange Square, where the trees will be Bluetooth-enabled so mobile phone users can access the latest Wimbledon scores; Finsbury Square; and the Fulcrum, where IBM will make the umpire chairs Bluetooth liveried.
MindShare said the close proximity of the three locations would allow the audience to take full advantage of the interactive service by discussing the All England Lawn Tennis Championships as it unfolds.
MindShare Outdoor has also booked a creative campaign for Wimbledon in the arrivals hall at Gatwick Airport, which will feature 54 metres of Ellumin8 illuminated advertising space.
IBM will also provide press and online support, including MPUs, allowing users to receive Wimbledon scores in real time.
The Wimbledon tennis championships begin on June 26.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London