Cybermen to invade central London for DVD campaign
LONDON - The BBC is to promote the release of the forthcoming 'Doctor Who' Series Two: Volume Three DVD with a sequence of five-second animated LCD screen ads in central London.
Two separate ads created by Grand Visual will appear inside Tottenham Court Road tube station. The first will feature an animated group of the programme's Cybermen moving closer to the audience, the second will show the DVD sleeve art in the foreground with a moving time-tunnel in the background.
The ads will appear from July 3-16 to promote the new 'Doctor Who' DVD, which will feature three episodes from the second series 'Rise of the Cybermen,' 'The Age of Steel,' and 'The Idiot's Lantern'.
Matthew Parkes, BBC DVD marketing manager, said: "The return of the Cybermen to 'Doctor Who' has been such a great success, we were keen to give away the DVD volume featuring their two-part story as a special focus.
"These animated ads are a first for BBC DVD and we feel the dramatic creative from Grand Visual really locks into the sense of excitement and danger 'Doctor Who' brings."
Grand Visual, which is a creative production company, has also run campaigns in conjunction with 'Harry Potter', Visit Britain and Walkers Potato Heads crisps.
The 'Doctor Who' series two, Volume Three DVD is released July 10.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...