Ikea to introduce UK magazine in February
LONDON – Ikea is to launch a UK edition of the customer magazine tied to its Ikea Family loyalty programme in February.
August Media, which already produces Ikea Family Live magazine in 13 languages across Europe, was appointed to produce the UK edition without a pitch. Ikea had been expected to roll out the magazine in the UK this year.
The 100-page quarterly magazine will carry third party advertising and is free to Ikea Family members. It will also be available in-store priced £2. Its initial circulation will be more than 500,000, making the biggest title in the home interest sector, ahead of Homebase Ideas, which moves 399,984 copies.
Ikea has not had a customer magazine in the UK since it pulled Room in March 2005. Room was priced £1 and sold in Ikea stores and in newsagents.
The magazine will be created by August Media's editorial and creative directors Sarah Bravo and Jules Rogers, the team that launched titles including Living etc, 25 Beautiful Homes and Real Homes.
Mark Lonergan, managing director at August Media, said: "It is not about showing pages of Ikea product - the catalogue does that. It is about entertaining, inspiring and engaging people to make the most of their homes."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London