Child leaves Yahoo! to join Webloyalty
LONDON - Yahoo! Search Marketing vice-president of sales and marketing, Martin Child, is leaving the company to join American group Webloyalty.
His departure follows the exit last month of Mark Chippendale from his position as Yahoo!'s vice-president of European sales to head advertising for The Sun and News of the World.
Yahoo! UK and Ireland commercial director, Blake Chandlee, insisted these two high-profile departures were independent of each other but said the search giant is reviewing whether these positions need to be refilled, and how best to approach pan-European ad deals.
Child has been with Yahoo! Search Marketing, previously known as Overture, for four and half years. Webloyalty is a post transactional loyalty scheme website, generating revenues for clients by rewarding customers who make purchases.
Yahoo! has three European regional heads: Glen Drury for northern Europe, Christophe Parcot for southern Europe, and Terry Von Bibra for central Europe.
The company is in discussions about how best to structure the reporting lines. It is possible the search marketing teams, who previously reported into Child, will become the responsibility of these European heads.
Commercial boss Chandlee said of the two empty positions: "The company is evaluating the remit of these roles at a European level and no decision has been made."
He added that Chippendale was crucial in developing a European strategy for sales. "It was a very strategic role and we are still trying to understand the sort of person and skills sets that would be required for a European role."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on Media Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...