Orange unveils cartoon stick man print campaign
LONDON - Orange highlights how 'films are better with friends' in its latest print and online campaign to promote Orange Wednesdays, where customers get two cinema tickets for the price of one every Wednesday.
Created by Fallon London, the campaign, which will feature in national press and online, features a quirky comic-strip cast of stick figure characters in film-themed scenarios.
In one execution, "colon", Bob is asked by his friend if he wants to "go watch me get a colonoscopy"?
Bob looks horrified and says no, so his friend suggests they go and see a film instead. However, the film is called 'Joe Gets a Colonoscopy'.
In "totem", a stick man is seen asking a totem pole what he thought of the film. After not getting anywhere he says "I should have brought Sam".
The ads have with the tagline "Films are better with friends" and the words "Get 2 cinema tickets for the price of one when you text FILM to 241".
The iconic Orange strapline "The future's bright" also appears on the campaign.
Orange says it has refreshed the promotion because it found customers needed to be reminded of the offer.
The campaign is illustrated by web-comic team Explosm and online and interactive support is developed by digital agency Poke.
Creative director on the spot is Micah Walker, art director and copywriter is Sevda Bulut and media buying is handled by Initiative.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East