Mother creates summer ads for Coke
LONDON - Mother has created two new animated ads for Coca-Cola to promote new packaging and celebrate summer.
The ads break tomorrow and are aimed at promoting the new 250ml Coke Minis and the Fridge Pack, which holds 10 330ml cans and is designed to fit easily in a fridge, allowing easy access during the hot weather.
Directed by two relative newcomers, the UK's Chris Cairns and American Ace Norton, the ads were created using stop-frame animation of still photography. The spots are backed by the uplifting song 'Nature Anthem' by alt-country band Grandaddy.
The spots are reminiscent of the style of the Mother-created Coke commercial that appeared earlier this year, featuring a jingle penned by the White Stripe's guitarist Jack White. That ad was shown only once on television, although it was available for people to watch online.
Coca-Cola is fighting against dwindling sales with new products and new packaging. In June it launched Coke Zero, nicknamed 'bloke coke', a sugar-free drink aimed specifically at men.
It has also tasked Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam with a brief to create iconic global campaigns. The agency's first effort appeared in early summer, an animated spot called 'the happiness factory'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London