Bands choose MySpace to showcase new albums
LONDON - MySpace has been chosen by several music bands such as Basement Jaxx, Kasabian and The Roots to broadcast their new albums exclusively ahead of release.
As part of the move, MySpace users can hear the bands' new albums first on the social-networking website, which offers artists their own pages to communicate directly with fans and showcase exclusive material.
In addition, users will be given a sneak preview of The Fratellis EP 'Definitely Maybe, What's The Story Morning Glory, Northern Soul' and Kasabian's 'Empire' single.
Jamie Kantrowitz, senior vice-president of marketing and content at MySpace, said: "There are literally millions of artists out there using MySpace to directly connect with their audiences, with more joining all the time.
"That established artists are using the site shows just how useful it can be to bands who want to reach out to listeners."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...