NEW MEDIA: Harper Collins goes online for booksales push
Harper Collins, one of the UK’s leading publishers, is launching a consumer brand on the net in an attempt to gain a share of the fast-growing internet book market.
Harper Collins, one of the UK’s leading publishers, is launching a
consumer brand on the net in an attempt to gain a share of the
fast-growing internet book market.
The publisher wants the site, called fireandwater, to be a leading
online brand. Although it will compete with rivals Amazon.co.uk, and
bookpages.co.uk, Harper Collins has added extra features. It will be
pitched as a ’book lover’s web site’ in which users can meet and discuss
topics with authors.
It will also contain a catalogue of Harper Collins’ titles.
The site will launch in October. It aims to raise consumer awareness of
the publisher, to boost high street sales and be a key source of
information for authors and students.
A spokesman at Harper Collins online said: ’This is a major new
initiative for us. It will enable users to purchase books and have chats
with favourite authors.’
Harper Collins’ current web site, at www.harpercollins.com, will be
replaced by fireandwater. The site, at www.fireandwater.com, was created
by new-media house Poppe Tyson.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...