NEW MEDIA: Harper Collins goes online for booksales push
Harper Collins, one of the UK’s leading publishers, is launching a consumer brand on the net in an attempt to gain a share of the fast-growing internet book market.
Harper Collins, one of the UK’s leading publishers, is launching a
consumer brand on the net in an attempt to gain a share of the
fast-growing internet book market.
The publisher wants the site, called fireandwater, to be a leading
online brand. Although it will compete with rivals Amazon.co.uk, and
bookpages.co.uk, Harper Collins has added extra features. It will be
pitched as a ’book lover’s web site’ in which users can meet and discuss
topics with authors.
It will also contain a catalogue of Harper Collins’ titles.
The site will launch in October. It aims to raise consumer awareness of
the publisher, to boost high street sales and be a key source of
information for authors and students.
A spokesman at Harper Collins online said: ’This is a major new
initiative for us. It will enable users to purchase books and have chats
with favourite authors.’
Harper Collins’ current web site, at www.harpercollins.com, will be
replaced by fireandwater. The site, at www.fireandwater.com, was created
by new-media house Poppe Tyson.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- SENIOR COPYWRITER Live Recruitment £40000 - £negotiable per annum + Benefits, Middlesex
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 +, West London
- Broadcast Planning/Buying Account Manager Lipton Fleming £35000.00 per annum + benefits, London