Elle celebrates 21 years with Versace as guest editor
LONDON - Hachette Filipacchi UK's fashion magazine Elle is launching a special collectors' issue, guest-edited by Donatella Versace to celebrate its 21st birthday and featuring Drew Barrymore being interviewed by 'Charlie's Angels' co-star Cameron Diaz.
The 462-page issue, out today, will feature Barrymore on the cover, interviewed inside by Diaz, and featured again in a 10-page picture portfolio shot by Elle photographer Mark Seliger.
As part of the launch, Elle has secured 26 one-off pieces from the world's top designers, including Mulberry, Dior, Versace, Burberry, Armani, Dolce & Gabbana and Prada, to be auctioned on eBay to raise money for the Breast Health Institute -- a charity dedicated to breast cancer research and treatment.
Elle's original cover girl Yasmin le Bon, wife of Duran Duran singer Simon, models some of the designer pieces created for the charity auction.
Lorraine Candy, Elle editor-in-chief, said: "This iconic fashion monthly is all about how you wear it, not what you wear and that holds true for young women as much today as 21 years ago. It was an honour having Donatella so involved in the issue and she brought some big names to the magazine."
Earlier this year, Hachette Filipacchi UK launched Elle Collections, a guide to the coming season's catwalk collections, with a print run of 50,000.
Former Cosmopolitan editor Candy took over as editor of Elle two years ago as the magazine launched its handbag-sized edition in central London and airport and station outlets.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Digital Account Director - luxury (approx. 3 months) Stopgap £210 - £230 per day, London
- Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £34000 per annum, London