AOP applauds user-driven projects in awards shortlist
LONDON - Brand Republic has been shortlisted twice this year in the UK Association of Online Publishers 2006 annual awards, which this year has rewarded sites focusing on the boom in user-generated content.
The Guardian's CommentIsFree blog initiative was shortlisted in three AOP categories: consumer editorial team, design and launch, and its user-driven Weekend Photo Prize project was shortlisted in the cross-media project category.
Channel 4's Four Docs bluetooth-driven documentary showcase, and The SEA's user-generated video content learning service, www.myartspace.org.uk, were shortlisted in the Innovation category.
Brand Republic was shortlisted in the best editorial teams and best business website categories, where it will compete against Accountancyage.com, Building.co.uk, CatererSearch.com, Edie.net, Gazetteers.com, Silicon.com, and Tes.co.uk.
In the Consumer category, BBC.co.uk/radio1, Guardian.co.uk, NewScientist.com, NME.com, Reuters.co.uk/worldcup, RunnersWorld.co.uk, Soundjunction.org, TopGear.com, and WSJ.com will compete.
The awards will be presented at a dinner on October 4 at the London Hilton on Park Lane, following the annual AOP online publishing conference, themed "Content Evolution".
Alexandra White, director of AOP, said: "The rich diversity and sheer scope of ambition evident in the 2006 shortlist demonstrates the degree of innovation and creativity that is happening in the UK digital publishing industry at the moment. Many of the entries are incredibly smart and perfectly demonstrate the intersection of content and technology."
The awards this year attracted a record 230 entries with 108 entries from 46 companies shortlisted.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...