BBC beefs up digital strategy with senior appointments
LONDON - BBC Worldwide has made two key strategy appointments to help drive the company's local and international growth.
Luke Bradley-Jones, has joined from Spectrum Strategy Consultants as head of strategy replacing Gill Pritchard, who has been promoted to head of business development.
The two will report to David Moody, managing director of digital media and director of strategy of BBC Worldwide.
Pritchard will be responsible for driving new revenue streams and spearheading key launches, in the UK and emerging territories. His first project will be to head the launch of BBC Worldwide's iPlayer.
The BBC Worldwide iPlayer is a commercial extension of the BBC's proposed iPlayer, which will allow people to download current and archived television and radio programmes via the internet.
Bradley-Jones will be responsible for the development of BBC Worldwide's strategy throughout all its global territories. His role includes devising Worldwide's strategy to pursue opportunities around the world, and working alongside management teams to drive BBC Worldwide into new markets.
The appointments follow a strong financial year for BBC Worldwide, which has seen an increased focus on international growth.
David Moody, managing director of digital media and director of strategy, said: "I'm delighted to have both Gill and Luke on board. We've picked out the best in the industry to both devise and implement our strategy and these appointments demonstrate BBC Worldwide's commitment to our long-term growth."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London