CNN partners with Philips in sponsorship deal
LONDON - Electronics firm Philips has struck a deal with CNN to sponsor all of its new-media news delivery services including newsletters, video streaming, RSS alerts and mobile news.
Philips will also sponsor the launch of a CNN news microsite, The Briefing Room, a magazine style digest offering a summary of the day's international news, newspaper round-ups and free streaming video headlines. In return, the campaign features exclusive banners and branding across all the platforms.
The deal was brokered by media agency Carat/Isobar to illustrate Philips' "sense and simplicity" and its brand promise to deliver easy-to-use technology in an engaging manner.
Jonathan Davies, executive vice-president of CNN International ad sales, said: "CNN has been able to offer Philips more than an advertising platform for its message with this campaign. This is all about communication and engagement with the consumer online in an experimental format rather than just advertising."
Geert van Kuyck, global head of marketing for Royal Philips Electronics, said: "Taking away clutter and complexity is an overhaul that any number of websites could benefit from and we are delighted to be associated with CNN's objectives in that area by sponsoring the new microsite."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)