NY Times launches daily Urbanite email newsletter
NEW YORK - Gothamites will get a daily steer on what is hot and happening in their hometown in a new daily email newsletter called Urbanite.
Sent out at 8.15am every weekday morning, Urbanite will cover eating and nightlife, entertainment, shopping and art exhibits.
The idea of sending it out early in the morning is to give New Yorkers the chance to plan their day. Content will come from New York Times journalists and critics as well as linking to its video, podcasts and blogs.
The newsletter is being edited by Melena Ryzik, a journalist from Brooklyn.
The sample issue carries a blog feature on the growing popularity of communal dining, an item suggesting suitable restaurants for people who have just seen the 'Borat' film, which reveals that there are no Kazakh restaurants in New York City, and even a video item on British grime rapper Lady Soverign who recently signed to Jay Z's label in the US.
Vivian Schiller, senior vice-president and general manager of NYTimes.com, said: "The newsletter will deliver a daily fix on what to do and what to see, where to eat and where to shop with the depth and acuity that readers have come to depend on from The Times's cultural coverage."
Subscribers can register for the newsletter at nytimes.com/urbanite.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London