Coca-Cola focuses on Santa for new Christmas campaign
LONDON - The traditional image of Santa features in Coca-Cola's Christmas television advertising campaign, which begins in the 1930s and celebrates the gift of giving.
Created by Mother, the latest ad, which breaks on November 24, comes under the "Coke Side of Life" campaign umbrella.
Directed by Hollywood film director Kerry Conran, director of 'Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow', which starred Gwyneth Paltrow and Jude Law, "the greatest gift" follows the life of a girl who meets Santa in the 1930s and as she grows older, Santa is right there with her every single Christmas.
Each year, Santa gives the girl a gift of Coca-Cola, which inspires her to believe throughout her life. It ends when the girl has become a grown woman and manages to give Santa something in return.
The ad follows in the footsteps of previous Coca-Cola Christmas ads such as "caravans" and "polar bears".
Cathryn Sleight, marketing director of Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "Consumers tell us that Coca-Cola advertising signifies the beginning of Christmas for them so we wanted to create an ad that captured the spirit of Christmas and the optimism that embodies this special time of year.
"The creative behind 'the greatest gift' execution also shows the authentic pleasure behind giving and to demonstrate that choosing to give instead of receive is to live on the positive, optimistic side of life."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)