Coca-Cola focuses on Santa for new Christmas campaign
LONDON - The traditional image of Santa features in Coca-Cola's Christmas television advertising campaign, which begins in the 1930s and celebrates the gift of giving.
Created by Mother, the latest ad, which breaks on November 24, comes under the "Coke Side of Life" campaign umbrella.
Directed by Hollywood film director Kerry Conran, director of 'Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow', which starred Gwyneth Paltrow and Jude Law, "the greatest gift" follows the life of a girl who meets Santa in the 1930s and as she grows older, Santa is right there with her every single Christmas.
Each year, Santa gives the girl a gift of Coca-Cola, which inspires her to believe throughout her life. It ends when the girl has become a grown woman and manages to give Santa something in return.
The ad follows in the footsteps of previous Coca-Cola Christmas ads such as "caravans" and "polar bears".
Cathryn Sleight, marketing director of Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "Consumers tell us that Coca-Cola advertising signifies the beginning of Christmas for them so we wanted to create an ad that captured the spirit of Christmas and the optimism that embodies this special time of year.
"The creative behind 'the greatest gift' execution also shows the authentic pleasure behind giving and to demonstrate that choosing to give instead of receive is to live on the positive, optimistic side of life."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...