BBC Worldwide names head of content for digital division
LONDON - BBC Worldwide has appointed Jemma Adkins as head of content at its digital media division.
Adkins joins from BBC Worldwide's TV Sales division where she was responsible for negotiating the sale of programming in the UK and Ireland market, including working with video-on-demand services at BT and Homechoice.
She will report to Simon Danker, director of digital media, and will be responsible for sourcing the programming and digital content for the global digital media business, which includes BBC Worldwide's VOD and mobile offering, in addition to its proposed commercial iPlayer.
In addition, Adkins will lead the development and growth of the division's digital media content catalogue, primarily in terms of television shows, but also through the development of newly commissioned or re-purposed content for mobile and online.
"Jemma's experience in the TV sales division will bring valuable experience in rights, independent relationships and knowledge of the BBC programme catalogue to her new role."
Adkins added: "Content is at the core of our global offering and by leading the development and growth of BBC Worldwide's digital media content offering, I aim to ensure that popular entertainment is available as and when our consumers want it."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...