BBC Worldwide names head of content for digital division
LONDON - BBC Worldwide has appointed Jemma Adkins as head of content at its digital media division.
Adkins joins from BBC Worldwide's TV Sales division where she was responsible for negotiating the sale of programming in the UK and Ireland market, including working with video-on-demand services at BT and Homechoice.
She will report to Simon Danker, director of digital media, and will be responsible for sourcing the programming and digital content for the global digital media business, which includes BBC Worldwide's VOD and mobile offering, in addition to its proposed commercial iPlayer.
In addition, Adkins will lead the development and growth of the division's digital media content catalogue, primarily in terms of television shows, but also through the development of newly commissioned or re-purposed content for mobile and online.
"Jemma's experience in the TV sales division will bring valuable experience in rights, independent relationships and knowledge of the BBC programme catalogue to her new role."
Adkins added: "Content is at the core of our global offering and by leading the development and growth of BBC Worldwide's digital media content offering, I aim to ensure that popular entertainment is available as and when our consumers want it."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex