BBC plucks presenter from video-sharing site
LONDON - BBC Two's 'Something for the Weekend' has recruited its new presenter after seeing her on video-sharing site YouTube.
Susi Weaser's big break came after 'Something for the Weekend' makers, Princess Productions, spotted her potential through a series of short video blogs or vlogs she presented on the blog Shiny Shiny, a girl's guide to gadgets on the Shiny Media network, and TechDigest.tv.
Mike Worsley, of Princess Productions, said: "We screentested her after coming across the YouTube clips. She's a natural, which comes from her background working in social media and being very interactive with an audience."
YouTube, a service for users to upload, view and share videoclips, has been responsible for the rapid success of bands such as OK Go.
Weaser added: "I never imagined just doing online videos would lead to an actual TV presenter's job. But fans needn't worry because I'll still be doing my regular 'vlogs' for TechDigest.tv and ShinyShiny.tv as well."
Her presenter's role on 'Something for the Weekend', a new magazine, entertainment and cooking show, is part of a regular gadget spot on the programme, which airs on Sundays at 10am.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Affiliate Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 per annum, Letchworth Garden City
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £50k+bens, London
- Category Manager- Oral Care Stopgap £52000 per annum, London