CBS Letterman clips prove most popular on YouTube
LONDON - YouTube is helping US TV network CBS boost its TV ratings as clips from its shows on the video-sharing site pull almost 30m views.
The broadcaster has three of the top 25 most viewed videos this month, including clips from naval crime drama 'NCIS', 'Late Show with David Letterman', 'The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson' and 'The Early Show'. Letterman's 'Borat Meets David Letterman' posted more than 1m viewings alone.
CBS only launched its YouTube channel a month ago on the video-sharing site and is already seeing how powerful it can be at supporting upcoming programming.
CBS says that since these postings came to light, notable increases in ratings have been recorded for these programmes, in particular, 'Late Show with David Letterman', which has added 200,000 new viewers.
Quincy Smith, president of CBS Interactive, said: "YouTube users are clearly being entertained by CBS programming they're watching as evidenced by the sheer number of video views.
"Above all the other good news, what's most exciting here is the extent to which CBS is learning about its audiences as never before."
Kevin Donahue, vice-president of content for YouTube, said: "CBS has done a phenomenal job at engaging and interacting with the YouTube community. It's been great watching our community respond so strongly and positively to their entertaining content."
CBS has uploaded more than 300 news, entertainment and sports clips that have a total of 29.2m views on YouTube, averaging 857,000 views per day, since the service launched on October 18.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London