Olympics worth £400m in 2007
The 2012 Olympic Games will bring an additional £400m to the sponsorship market in 2007, according to WPP's Group M.
In its annual UK forecasts, the media-buying agency has predicted that the additional revenue - in cash and barter deals - will be booked into the market next year.
Group M forecasts that the Olympics will then bring in an extra £200m in 2008. The London Games hope to raise £750m in the run-up to 2012.
The additional revenue will help to significantly boost the sponsorship market, which is already in good health. Group M has predicted that TV sponsorship will have increased by £3m this year and £5m in 2007.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- AM and SAM - experiential - Up to £38k Stopgap £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - integrated agency - Central London WE ARE THOMAS £30-36k plus benefits, Central London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington