MTV Networks International appoints Bakish president
LONDON - Bob Bakish has been appointed to the newly created role of president at MTV Networks International, reporting to Bill Roedy, the vice-chairman of MTV Networks.
Bakish is currently Viacom's executive vice-president for operations and Viacom Enterprises, and was previously executive vice-president of operations for the former Viacom Incorporated.
Prior to that, he was executive vice-president and chief operating officer of MTV Networks advertising sales, leading ad sales strategy development.
As president, Bakish will take on day-to-day management responsibility for MTVNI, including the local and regional operations across Europe, Latin America and Asia-Pacific, as well as international functions and business units.
Reporting to Bakish, will be the managing directors of the key regions and MTVNI chief operating officer Alex Ferrari, who will continue in his current role.
Roedy said: "Bob's smart strategic skills and long history with the company will be invaluable to MTVNI as we advance our aggressive plans for driving growth and operating performance. Leveraging his extensive experience in managing complex ad sales operations also will be critical to shaping the next phase of growth for our biggest revenue stream -- particularly in the digital arena."
Philippe Dauman, Viacom chief executive, said: "Bob's move from Viacom to MTVNI reflects the importance of reaping the benefits of our leading brand positions around the world as one of Viacom's key growth opportunities."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...