MTV Networks president Wolf departs after 15 months
LONDON - Michael Wolf, the president and chief operating officer of MTV Networks, has left the broadcaster after just 15 months in the role.
Prior to that he was a senior partner at management consultancy Booz Allen & Hamilton, where he headed up its media and entertainment group.
Wolf was credited as having taken MTV to its next stage of evolution and was a firm supporter of the move into user generated content and social networking across the MTV Networks properties.
Last June , MTV launched a global website, which includes community networking, for its show 'Bario 19'. The site includes features on everything from free-running to river-surfing, to underground talent and major music stars. The platform allows MTV viewers to watch previews of upcoming shows, as well as "making of" footage and show out-takes. They are also be able to send in their own videoclips and download music from emerging artists.
In July, in the UK, MTV replaced its VH2 channel with a new user-generated content channel, MTV Flux, that aims to give the audience control over content while offering advertisers a multi-platform network. MTV Flux runs across TV, online and mobile platforms.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Planner Source £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits & ongoing training, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...