Guild steps down from MTV Europe presidency
LONDON - Simon Guild, the president and chief executive of MTV Networks Europe, is to leave the broadcaster after 14 years.
Guild is credited with developing MTV Networks' major brands, such as MTV and Nickelodeon, and finding ways to expand those brands through consumer products, digital media, events and marketing partnerships. MTV Networks Europe now has 65 websites, 15 broadband services and 21 mobile TV channels.
Guild spearheaded a number of strategic initiatives for MTV Networks Europe, including acquisitions of German music channel Viva, TMF and Game One services.
He also oversaw Nickelodeon's expansion in Europe with launches in Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal and Turkey. Most recently, Guild developed the company's network of comedy channels, culminating in the launch of Comedy Central in Germany this week.
Bill Roedy, vice-chairman of MTV Networks, said: "Over the past 14 years, Simon has been instrumental in driving the growth of the company's European business, which has become the region's biggest portfolio of leading multimedia brands under his leadership."
Guild said: "I am proud to have played a key role in developing the business, but I want to move on to new challenges. As my contract was expiring, it seemed like a logical time to make a change. I know that I am leaving the business in the hands of some extremely capable executives across Europe with whom I have enjoyed working enormously. Over the next few weeks, I will work with them and the company's leadership to ensure a smooth transition."
Before becoming president, Guild was previously executive vice-president and chief operating officer overseeing MTV Networks Europe's business operations such as productions Europe, broadcast services, finance, IT and human resources. Guild joined MTV Networks Europe in 1993 as head of strategy and planning. He was promoted to chief operating officer in 1997.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...