Primeval get heavyweight push as ITV takes on Doctor Who
LONDON - ITV is backing the launch of its new £6m science-fiction dinosaur drama 'Primeval' with a heavyweight marketing campaign.
M&C Saatchi has created an off-air campaign, encompassing outdoor and press ads, while ITV's in-house promotions agency, ITV Creative, has produced the on-air activity.
The creative introduces members of the cast and attempt to recreate the high-tempo pace of the series with action scenes and the strapline, "Time for adventure".
With effects created by those behind 'Walking with Dinosaurs', 'Primeval' is to take on BBC One's 'Doctor Who' in the Saturday tea-time slot. It tells the story of dinosaurs breaching time to appear in modern London. It has a script by 'Rome''s Adrian Hodges and stars Douglas Henshall and former S Club star Hannah Spearritt.
David Pemsel, ITV's newly installed group marketing director, said: "'Primeval' is a bold scheduling step into Saturday night family drama. We believe the series will have both a wide ranging family appeal as well as becoming cult viewing for aspirational adults."
Chaka Sobhani, creative director at ITV Creative, added: "'Primeval' is a visually stunning and enthralling new action drama for ITV1 and it's been a fantastic challenge to match the excitement and adventure of the show in the promotional campaign."
The launch of the campaign comes as ITV reveals it is launching a research programme to test emerging formats for advertises.
Ad Innovations is part of a wider initiative, spearheaded by ITV's rebranded sales department Customer Relations, to work closely with advertisers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London