Primeval get heavyweight push as ITV takes on Doctor Who
LONDON - ITV is backing the launch of its new £6m science-fiction dinosaur drama 'Primeval' with a heavyweight marketing campaign.
M&C Saatchi has created an off-air campaign, encompassing outdoor and press ads, while ITV's in-house promotions agency, ITV Creative, has produced the on-air activity.
The creative introduces members of the cast and attempt to recreate the high-tempo pace of the series with action scenes and the strapline, "Time for adventure".
With effects created by those behind 'Walking with Dinosaurs', 'Primeval' is to take on BBC One's 'Doctor Who' in the Saturday tea-time slot. It tells the story of dinosaurs breaching time to appear in modern London. It has a script by 'Rome''s Adrian Hodges and stars Douglas Henshall and former S Club star Hannah Spearritt.
David Pemsel, ITV's newly installed group marketing director, said: "'Primeval' is a bold scheduling step into Saturday night family drama. We believe the series will have both a wide ranging family appeal as well as becoming cult viewing for aspirational adults."
Chaka Sobhani, creative director at ITV Creative, added: "'Primeval' is a visually stunning and enthralling new action drama for ITV1 and it's been a fantastic challenge to match the excitement and adventure of the show in the promotional campaign."
The launch of the campaign comes as ITV reveals it is launching a research programme to test emerging formats for advertises.
Ad Innovations is part of a wider initiative, spearheaded by ITV's rebranded sales department Customer Relations, to work closely with advertisers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...