Radio 2 appoints Napster exec as head of music
LONDON - Radio 2 has recruited Jeff Smith, currently director of UK and International programming at Napster and a former head of music at Radio 1, as its new head of music.
As head of music policy at Radio 1 between 1997 and 2000, Smith founded the Evening Session programme and recruited names including Chris Moyles, Steve Lamacq and Trevor Nelson.
He has also worked in programming roles at the BBC World Service and Capital Radio and in the mid 1990s worked in independent production at Wise Buddah as director of programmes.
Lesley Douglas, controller of Radio 2 and BBC 6 Music, said: "Colin Martin is a very hard act to follow but I have no doubt that Jeff's love of music, industry experience and recent role at Napster puts him in a unique position to move Radio 2 forward."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London