Radio 2 appoints Napster exec as head of music
LONDON - Radio 2 has recruited Jeff Smith, currently director of UK and International programming at Napster and a former head of music at Radio 1, as its new head of music.
As head of music policy at Radio 1 between 1997 and 2000, Smith founded the Evening Session programme and recruited names including Chris Moyles, Steve Lamacq and Trevor Nelson.
He has also worked in programming roles at the BBC World Service and Capital Radio and in the mid 1990s worked in independent production at Wise Buddah as director of programmes.
Lesley Douglas, controller of Radio 2 and BBC 6 Music, said: "Colin Martin is a very hard act to follow but I have no doubt that Jeff's love of music, industry experience and recent role at Napster puts him in a unique position to move Radio 2 forward."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)