Creative Circle 2007 winners
Fallon, DFGW and Saatchi & Saatchi shared the gold awards at the 2007 Creative Circle Honours Night earlier this week.
The three agencies each earned golds for the Best TV Commercial, respectively for Sony "paint", Radio 2 "Elvis" and Carlsberg "Old Lions" at a ceremony at a former Whitbread brewery in East London. No platinum awards were handed out in what one judge described as "not a vintage year for creative".
The Lowe London executive creative director, Ed Morris, won the President's Award for his agency's creative output over the past 12 months. The veteran creative director Paul Arden was inducted into the newly formed Creative Circle Hall of Heroes, and accepted his award with an emotional speech.
Under the new Creative Circle president, Mark Denton, the awards have experienced a 27 per cent increase in entries. "The event couldn't have gone better," Denton said. "Our aim was to knock D&AD off its pedestal, and I think we've done it."
"Old Lions" also won an award for the Best TV and Cinema ad; "paint" earned a gold for its director, Jonathan Glazer; and "Elvis" took the top honours in the Best Special Effects category.
Other gold winners included DDB London for its Harvey Nichols press and poster work; Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO for its "bag of smiles" spot for the National Lottery; and Lowe London for its recent Stella Artois print ads.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)