Creative Circle 2007 winners
Fallon, DFGW and Saatchi & Saatchi shared the gold awards at the 2007 Creative Circle Honours Night earlier this week.
The three agencies each earned golds for the Best TV Commercial, respectively for Sony "paint", Radio 2 "Elvis" and Carlsberg "Old Lions" at a ceremony at a former Whitbread brewery in East London. No platinum awards were handed out in what one judge described as "not a vintage year for creative".
The Lowe London executive creative director, Ed Morris, won the President's Award for his agency's creative output over the past 12 months. The veteran creative director Paul Arden was inducted into the newly formed Creative Circle Hall of Heroes, and accepted his award with an emotional speech.
Under the new Creative Circle president, Mark Denton, the awards have experienced a 27 per cent increase in entries. "The event couldn't have gone better," Denton said. "Our aim was to knock D&AD off its pedestal, and I think we've done it."
"Old Lions" also won an award for the Best TV and Cinema ad; "paint" earned a gold for its director, Jonathan Glazer; and "Elvis" took the top honours in the Best Special Effects category.
Other gold winners included DDB London for its Harvey Nichols press and poster work; Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO for its "bag of smiles" spot for the National Lottery; and Lowe London for its recent Stella Artois print ads.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)