EType wins video ad deal for Videoegg's websites
Online sales house eType has won the contract to sell video advertising on the Videoegg network, a portfolio of websites including social networking sites Bebo, Piczo and Hi-5.
EType estimates the deal will be worth £4m a year in advertising revenue and claimed to have the UK's largest video ad network as a result.
The video advertising win for eType will be a boost for the firm, as it has lost the account to sell advertising on Google-owned video clip site YouTube.
Last year, eType won the account to represent YouTube in the UK, but the contract was signed just weeks before the Google acquisition of YouTube. That six-month deal has now come to a close and Google will be handling all sales in the UK in-house.
The Eggnetwork, as Videoegg's advertising specialist division is called, is embedded in more than 60 websites.
Instead of using pre-roll advertising on videos, the network uses transparent in-video and post-roll creative executions.
The in-video ad is a strip along the bottom of the video clip. When the strip is clicked, the stream pauses.
Managing director Rob Gay said: "Other video networks focus on pre-roll formats, but we've found that these ads often annoy users because they delay the video."
He added that an in-video ad was five times more likely to be clicked than a standard banner ad.
Advertisers who have used the Egg network so far include Lucozade, EA Games, Universal, Lynx, L'Oreal, Dell, Nintendo, Fox, Kimberly-Clark and Unilever.
This article was first published on Media Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...