EType wins video ad deal for Videoegg's websites
Online sales house eType has won the contract to sell video advertising on the Videoegg network, a portfolio of websites including social networking sites Bebo, Piczo and Hi-5.
EType estimates the deal will be worth £4m a year in advertising revenue and claimed to have the UK's largest video ad network as a result.
The video advertising win for eType will be a boost for the firm, as it has lost the account to sell advertising on Google-owned video clip site YouTube.
Last year, eType won the account to represent YouTube in the UK, but the contract was signed just weeks before the Google acquisition of YouTube. That six-month deal has now come to a close and Google will be handling all sales in the UK in-house.
The Eggnetwork, as Videoegg's advertising specialist division is called, is embedded in more than 60 websites.
Instead of using pre-roll advertising on videos, the network uses transparent in-video and post-roll creative executions.
The in-video ad is a strip along the bottom of the video clip. When the strip is clicked, the stream pauses.
Managing director Rob Gay said: "Other video networks focus on pre-roll formats, but we've found that these ads often annoy users because they delay the video."
He added that an in-video ad was five times more likely to be clicked than a standard banner ad.
Advertisers who have used the Egg network so far include Lucozade, EA Games, Universal, Lynx, L'Oreal, Dell, Nintendo, Fox, Kimberly-Clark and Unilever.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)