Virgin ready for cosmetic launch
Virgin has brought in Ros Simmons as marketing director for its soon-to-be-launched cosmetics business, in preparation for its major assault on the UK retail market.
Virgin has brought in Ros Simmons as marketing director for its
soon-to-be-launched cosmetics business, in preparation for its major
assault on the UK retail market.
Simmons was previously brand manager for Colourings, the cosmetics
division of The Body Shop, where she had global responsibility for the
brand’s relaunch in 1992.
While at The Body Shop, she worked with Liz Warom, who was has been
brought in by Virgin to help develop the venture with husband Mark
Warom. They are both joint managing directors of the new business.
Virgin has ambitious plans for the business and intends to open 100
stores over the next five years. It has taken on property developer
Weatherall Green & Smith to find appropriate sites around the UK.
The company is going to aim its products primarily at women, who are
brand aware but do not restrict themselves to purely branded
The UK retail market for cosmetics and toiletries was worth about pounds
4.1bn in 1995.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)