Virgin ready for cosmetic launch
Virgin has brought in Ros Simmons as marketing director for its soon-to-be-launched cosmetics business, in preparation for its major assault on the UK retail market.
Virgin has brought in Ros Simmons as marketing director for its
soon-to-be-launched cosmetics business, in preparation for its major
assault on the UK retail market.
Simmons was previously brand manager for Colourings, the cosmetics
division of The Body Shop, where she had global responsibility for the
brand’s relaunch in 1992.
While at The Body Shop, she worked with Liz Warom, who was has been
brought in by Virgin to help develop the venture with husband Mark
Warom. They are both joint managing directors of the new business.
Virgin has ambitious plans for the business and intends to open 100
stores over the next five years. It has taken on property developer
Weatherall Green & Smith to find appropriate sites around the UK.
The company is going to aim its products primarily at women, who are
brand aware but do not restrict themselves to purely branded
The UK retail market for cosmetics and toiletries was worth about pounds
4.1bn in 1995.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London
- Account Manager - Excellent London Agency - to £32k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £32k, West London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London