Cadbury's adds viral touch to Creme Egg
Cadbury's has ramped up its shift towards digital, adding a viral element to its Creme Egg activity.
The fresh element, targeting an audience of 16-24-year-olds, can be found on the dedicated branded 'GooTube' channel on YouTube, where users have been uploading their own Creme Egg ads.
The 'Goo-Off' competition aims to encourage user-generated content with a £5,000 prize incentive. It signals an evolution from the original 'how do you eat yours?' strapline to 'how do you play with yours?'.
Viral creative is a spoof of MTV show Cribs. Users are invited to upload their own funny videos featuring Creme Eggs. The 10 videos with the most views on 10 April will win their creators £500 cash each. As Revolution went to press, 82 videos had been uploaded onto the site.
The viral activity is running now to maintain momentum of the first digital campaign wave, and drive brand engagement leading up to Easter. The first online push signalled Cadbury's biggest digital spend to date. It comprised 'web 2.0' activity, viral and mobile games, YouTube activity, rich-media advertising, home-page takeovers, web development and email marketing.
The activity was created by CMW Interactive.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...