Weather Channel chooses eType
EType has won the exclusive advertising contract for The Weather Channel from Ad2one, following a competitive pitch.
As the online advertising division of Media Initiatives Group, eType aims to increase revenues and boost awareness of the site, which has 1.5 million monthly unique users.
Rob Gay, managing director of eType, said: "We will work alongside weather.co.uk to build the site's profile with advertisers by pitching standard ad formats, as well as specific campaigns and sponsorships that complement the site's content and appeal to users."
Portals, including Yahoo! and Orange, have implemented weather.co.uk's technology to provide users with up-to-the-minute weather conditions and forecasts from around the world. Other eType clients include hi5, The Eggnetwork, Excite, Miniclip and Visit London.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)