News in brief
AGENCY Weber Shandwick has appointed James Kelly, an associate director in its consumer practice, as its first UK
creative director. He will report jointly to UK & Ireland CEO Colin Byrne and to Scott Wilson, MD of WS Consumer.
FASHION Clothing brand Firetrap has hired Surgery PR after a competitive pitch. The four-year incumbent, Spin Publicity, has been taken on by rival clothing range Ringspun as its first retained PR agency.
CONSUMER Music channel VH1 has hired Consolidated Communications for a project called Nation’s Favourite Music City. Manchester, Liverpool, London, Newport, Dublin, Sheffield and Glasgow will compete for the title.
CONSUMER Ruinart, the world’s oldest champagne house, is to use Intelligent PR to raise its profile among affluent drinkers.
CONSUMER British Airways has hired Katherine Whitton as general manager, marketing communications. Whitton is currently vice president of consumer card product management at American Express.
B2B Dulux Decorator centres has turned to Tangerine PR for a trade and consumer brief. The company wants to raise the profile of its stores to the trade and serious DIY audience.
PUBLIC SECTOR Young Scot, the Scottish youth information agency, has handed Stripe Communications its national PR and comms contract for 2007/08.
COPORATE Rosemound Developments, which is building a new stadium for Luton Town FC, has signed up Weber Shandwick.
COPORATE Outdoor brand Berghaus is to use Press Ahead as its retained agency for corporate and product support.
CLARIFICATION PRWeek printed awareness figures of the Gorillaz’ promotion of Motorola in 13 April’s Brand Marketing feature. The activity was specific to a North American audience and therefore the 13 per cent awareness in UK respondents was not a representative comparison.
Do you have a story?
Call the PRWeek newsdesk on T 020 8267 4001 or T 020 8267 4520, or email email@example.com
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...