Mother scoops Powerade pan-Euro account
LONDON - Powerade, the Coca-Cola-owned energy drink, has appointed Mother to its pan-European creative account following a competitive pitch.
Mother beat an unnamed German agency following a two-way pitch to win the task of devising a summer advertising campaign for the brand.
The previous incumbent on the Powerade account, Nitro, did not pitch. Mother is a Coca-Cola roster agency and already handles creative duties for the drinks giant's main Coca-Cola brand as well as Schweppes Mixers, Dr Pepper, the Lilt range and the Coke Sponsorship account.
Powerade was the Official Sports Drink of the 2006 FIFA World Cup and its last advertising push coincided with the tournament.
A viral and press campaign featured England footballer Peter Crouch and England rugby player Josh Lewsey competing in a battle of one-upmanship in a race against a stuffed cheetah and a fencing competition.
Powerade is set to sponsor the Rugby World Cup later this year as its official drinks supplier.
The energy drinks market is worth £336m, with Powerade commanding an 18% share, according to ACNielsen.
Coca-Cola's portfolio of energy drinks also includes Relentless and Burn and the company is expected to launch an energy variant of Fanta, called Fanta Nightstar, in the autumn.
At the time of writing, Mother and Coca-Cola were unavailable for comment.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)