Close-Up offers Philippines twist-cap option
MANILA - Unilever has rolled out a campaign to promote a new twist-cap on sachets of its Close-Up toothpaste in the Philippines.
Sachets are a convenient, cheap alternative to regular tubes, pioneered in the Philippines by Unilever in a bid to challenge market-leader Colgate.
“Consumers are looking for a sachet that offers re-sealability. It’s more convenient to use,” said Tish Condeno, brand manager for Close-Up.
“We launched this twist-cap to give consumers who can’t afford to shell out a lot of money for the bigger pack sizes the same quality at a more affordable price.”
Aimed at 18- to 25-year-olds — who have made up Close-Up’s target audience since the product launched in the Philippines 35 years ago — Unilever claims that the new 12ml sachet offers Filipinos greater value than ordinary toothpaste.
Two young romantics star in a TV spot in which a twist-topped sachet sends the pair shooting into orbit. The lovers grip the sachet between their teeth, start spinning in an open meadow, then shoot into outer space. The spot concludes with the line ‘A fresh twist on closeness’.
The campaign, by Lowe Manila, is supported by print, radio, merchandising and point-of-sale activity.
Unilever contests the toothpaste market in the Philippines with Colgate and local brand Hapee. Close-Up has always gunned for the younger end of the market with the promise of fresh breath and whiter teeth, while Colgate is positioned as the family toothpaste offering protection from cavities.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London