Virgin cosmetics stores to drop ’Vie’ in latest revamp
In its second major redesign in less than a year, struggling cosmetics retailer Virgin Vie is to rebrand its stores as ’Virgin Cosmetics’.
In its second major redesign in less than a year, struggling
cosmetics retailer Virgin Vie is to rebrand its stores as ’Virgin
The company will change the fascias of its ten stores and modify their
interiors over the next few months.
It last revamped its look in October 1998, replacing earthy and soft
shades with a new look dominated by striking colours and a black
The latest revamp follows Virgin Vie’s name change to The Virgin
Cosmetics Company earlier this year and its decision to focus on direct
selling after disappointing sales in its stores.
Sales at parent company Victory Corporation, which launched Virgin Vie
and Virgin Clothing in 1997, remain sluggish. Victory’s set of results
for the year to March 31 showed a pounds 18.7m loss.
A spokesman for Virgin Cosmetics said: ’We have decided to change the
name to make it more obvious who we are and to tie it in more closely
with the Virgin heritage.’
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...