Virgin cosmetics stores to drop ’Vie’ in latest revamp
In its second major redesign in less than a year, struggling cosmetics retailer Virgin Vie is to rebrand its stores as ’Virgin Cosmetics’.
In its second major redesign in less than a year, struggling
cosmetics retailer Virgin Vie is to rebrand its stores as ’Virgin
The company will change the fascias of its ten stores and modify their
interiors over the next few months.
It last revamped its look in October 1998, replacing earthy and soft
shades with a new look dominated by striking colours and a black
The latest revamp follows Virgin Vie’s name change to The Virgin
Cosmetics Company earlier this year and its decision to focus on direct
selling after disappointing sales in its stores.
Sales at parent company Victory Corporation, which launched Virgin Vie
and Virgin Clothing in 1997, remain sluggish. Victory’s set of results
for the year to March 31 showed a pounds 18.7m loss.
A spokesman for Virgin Cosmetics said: ’We have decided to change the
name to make it more obvious who we are and to tie it in more closely
with the Virgin heritage.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)