Three win Cyber Grands Prix
CANNES - Evolution, the Dove ad from Ogilvy & Mather, Toronto tipped for a Titanium Lion, has won one of the three Cyber Grands Prix awarded at Cannes.
The ad, that questions distorted notions of beauty, won the viral Grand Prix. The two other Grands Prix were scooped by Nike+ from R/GA, New York, which took the top prize for online advertising and Farfar, Stockholm's "Heidies 15MB of fame" for Diesel, which claimed the Grand Prix in the web site and interactive campaigns sub-sector.
"We wanted to find the Titanium Lion winner before the Titanium jury finds it," Tom Eslinger, the jury president and Saatchi & Saatchi, Auckland's worldwide creative director, interactive and emerging media, said.
Profero was the only UK agency to bag one of the ten golds, for Mini "Follow the white rabbit". Mini was also the client in the UK's only silver-winning campaign, "Tug" by glue London.
Glue London was the most-awarded UK agency, picking up an additional two bronzes, for the Royal Navy "Get the message" and Coca-Cola "Boyband".
JWT, with "Idiots" for MTV/Autotrader, and Preloaded, with "CDX" for BBC History, were the other UK-based Bronze winners.
Crispin Porter + Bogusky was named Interative Agency of the Year, followed by Africa Propaganda in Sao Paulo and Forsman & Bodenfors in Gothenburg.
In contrast to some other Lions categories, each Cyber Grand Prix campaign was a clear winner, Eslinger said. Among the 2,700 entries there was a trend towards more varied means of consumer engagement, he noted, with less "mouse rolling" and more use of webcams and sound-activated sites.
Juror Fernando Romano, executive creative director at Lowe, New York, pointed out that there had been no technological break-through in the past year on which campaigns could ride. "It's becoming more and more about ideas," she said. "The Grand Prix winners have to be ground-shifting and game-changing."
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...