Powergen switches account from Publicis Dialog to Tequila
LONDON - Energy company Powergen has moved its direct marketing account away from incumbent Publicis Dialog after four years to Tequila\London without a pitch.
The account covers Powergen's consumer and corporate mailings. Powergen has 9m gas and electricity customers and is owned by German energy company E.ON.
In a statement, Powergen said it had worked with Publicis Dialog since November 2004, during "a time of significant competition in the sector", but was now looking to extend its existing relationship with Tequila's sister, above-the-line agency TBWA\London.
Last month, Powergen launched its TBWA\London-created press, poster and ITV weather sponsorship campaign, featuring its "Wind of change" strapline, which aims to highlight the company's investment in offshore wind farms and alternative sources of energy.
A spokesman for Powergen said: "Tequila\London has been appointed on a project basis -- we are looking forward to working with them to maximise the opportunities and synergies created by our relationship with advertising agency TBWA\London."
A spokeswoman for Publicis Dialog confirmed the account would move to Tequila\London once its four-month notice period had been served, and that the decision would allow them to "pursue a larger account in the utilities market" after handling what it described as a relatively small amount of Powergen's direct marketing business.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...