RHM aims organic food range at mass market
Rank Hovis McDougall is to bring organic foods to the mass market with the launch of a new enterprise called The Enjoy Organic Company.
Rank Hovis McDougall is to bring organic foods to the mass market
with the launch of a new enterprise called The Enjoy Organic
It will be run independently of the main RHM operation, which includes
Bisto, Robertson’s and Sharwood’s among its brands.
The Enjoy Organic Company will be launched on June 5, headed by Harriet
Rhys Williams, the former marketing director of RHM’s Centura Foods
She said: ’We want to be the first to bring organic food to the mass
market. This business is dominated by marketing based on the worthiness
of organic foods - we are going to market our foods on taste and
Enjoy Organics will launch with a range of 29 products - all processed
foods such as cereals, sauces and prepared meals, which it believes will
make its range more accessible. Prices will be as much as 20% higher
than non-organic competitors.
Rhys Williams said: ’It is a nationwide launch with a focus on getting
communities involved in the brand. We will be travelling to events and
retailer car parks around the country, where people will get to taste
the food and then create their own poster ads. We will use the best ads
on local sites and in local press.’
The launch will add to growing controversy about how organic and
non-genetically modified foods are marketed. Last week, the Advertising
Standards Authority upheld a complaint against Tesco about claims in its
advertising that consumers could taste the difference in organic foods
(Marketing, May 11).
The new organic company is the brainchild of Rhys Williams, who left her
role at Centura in 1998 following a car accident.
At the start of the year, Marketing revealed that Rhys Williams was
holding ad agency pitches in her kitchen for a new organics range.
(Marketing, January 13).
Claydon Heeley Jones Mason won the pitch, and will orchestrate the
company’s pounds 4m launch campaign, using local radio, local press,
posters and a road show. Media will be through BBJ Media.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London