M&S launches ’fresh’ brand identity
Marks & Spencer this week unveils the new brand identity which it hopes will revive its fortunes, following a 12-month review by Interbrand Newell & Sorrell.
Marks & Spencer this week unveils the new brand identity which it
hopes will revive its fortunes, following a 12-month review by
Interbrand Newell & Sorrell.
New fascia will be introduced into 297 stores in the UK from the summer,
following months of speculation about changes to the brand.
The Marks & Spencer name will represent the brand and appear on all
labels, packaging and literature, while the name St Michael becomes the
’St Michael Promise’. The wording ’Our commitment to leading standards
in quality, service and value’ will appear on packaging.
The famous Marks & Spencer carrier bag has been tweaked from dark to
pale green, with the Marks & Spencer name in a ’stacked’ logo in the new
Optima font. The company is also introducing new types of bag, including
a paper carrier and a duffle-style bag.
Interbrand has also devised a new style and tone for the brand, which
will be used in its creative advertising, through its
soon-to-be-appointed advertising agency.
Alan McWalter, director of marketing at M&S, said: ’What we are showing
is a refreshed, updated look, which will give a strong, coherent and
consistent identity to the great brand of Marks & Spencer, which is
respected and recognised worldwide.’
Separately, Marks & Spencer this week reported a steep rise in sales at
one of its stores that is piloting a new customer-profiling system that
allows tailored service.
Marks & Spencer hopes to roll out the system to include 300 stores by
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London