Associated rejigs Metro trading and sales
Associated Newspapers has restructured the trading and sales departments of free newspaper Metro with the creation of new roles to split the responsibility of the former trading director remit.
Last month, Grant Woodthorpe was promoted to executive director of sales for Metro (Media Week, 24 July). However, rather than finding a direct replacement, the publisher is promoting group head of planning Sophie Robinson and group head Georgina Turner to the newly created roles of head of planning and head of trading respectively.
Robinson began her career at agency Feather Brooksbank in Edinburgh. She joined Metro in 2001 as trading executive before moving up to become group head of planning in 2006.
Turner spent five years at Metro, starting as a planner. She moved to AOL in 2006, but rejoined Metro after one year.
Metro is distributed across key urban centres in the UK, including Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Leeds.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London