Associated rejigs Metro trading and sales
Associated Newspapers has restructured the trading and sales departments of free newspaper Metro with the creation of new roles to split the responsibility of the former trading director remit.
Last month, Grant Woodthorpe was promoted to executive director of sales for Metro (Media Week, 24 July). However, rather than finding a direct replacement, the publisher is promoting group head of planning Sophie Robinson and group head Georgina Turner to the newly created roles of head of planning and head of trading respectively.
Robinson began her career at agency Feather Brooksbank in Edinburgh. She joined Metro in 2001 as trading executive before moving up to become group head of planning in 2006.
Turner spent five years at Metro, starting as a planner. She moved to AOL in 2006, but rejoined Metro after one year.
Metro is distributed across key urban centres in the UK, including Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Leeds.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London