Associated rejigs Metro trading and sales
Associated Newspapers has restructured the trading and sales departments of free newspaper Metro with the creation of new roles to split the responsibility of the former trading director remit.
Last month, Grant Woodthorpe was promoted to executive director of sales for Metro (Media Week, 24 July). However, rather than finding a direct replacement, the publisher is promoting group head of planning Sophie Robinson and group head Georgina Turner to the newly created roles of head of planning and head of trading respectively.
Robinson began her career at agency Feather Brooksbank in Edinburgh. She joined Metro in 2001 as trading executive before moving up to become group head of planning in 2006.
Turner spent five years at Metro, starting as a planner. She moved to AOL in 2006, but rejoined Metro after one year.
Metro is distributed across key urban centres in the UK, including Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Leeds.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)