AXA builds on 'Life plan' push with focus on trust
LONDON - AXA is putting 'trust' at the heart of its UK communications, developing its previous proposition of 'You can't plan for life, but you can plan for living'.
The life and pensions firm hopes its strategy to become a trusted market leader will connect with consumers disillusioned with rival financial-services companies.
The firm is hoping to address consumer confidence in the sector, which has been eroded in recent years by issues ranging from illegal penalty charges to mis-selling. However, most businesses continue to base their promotional work on price or comparisons with rivals.
AXA's strategy change is in tune with the tone set by the Financial Services Authority, which is working on a major initiative to encourage banks, building societies and other finance companies to place treating customers fairly at the core of their operations.
AXA is conducting research with customers, intermediaries and staff to develop its 'trust' proposition before using it in ads.
The firm added UK agency Beattie McGuinness Bungay to its roster earlier this year to handle its insurance business (Marketing, 9 May). It also uses Grey Australia and WFCA, which look after the firm's branding activity.
AXA is currently reviewing its £12m media account. Carat, Media Planning Group and MindShare are all in the running. A decision is expected next month.
The agency reviews and changes in business strategy to become more consumer-facing and less reliant on independent financial advisers follows the appointment of Nicolas Moreau as chief executive of AXA last year.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...