UPS unveils desktop Widget
LONDON - McCann Erickson has created a Widget application and campaign for UPS, marking the brand's first foray into desktop applications.
Widget: UPS makes move into desktop apps
Launched this week, and being promoted via an integrated print, outdoor, online and DM campaign, the UPS Widget can be downloaded from a 3D interactive web site www.ups.com/widget.
"We wanted to do more than just a traditional advertising campaign. We wanted to embrace technology too and today's climate is about accessibility and options. The desktop application integrates a piece of UPS's XML tracking functionality so customers have convenient access to tracking and other UPS services directly from their desk top," said John Wheeler, director of communications, UPS Europe.
"With this campaign, they not only learn more about how UPS can help via the advertising and micro site, they also have something they can download, keep and use."
The concept was built around engaging and drawing customer attention to UPS's capabilities and worldwide coverage. The Widget was designed to target decision makers responsible for shipping among many other tasks.
Mark Fallows, McCann's director of digital content, added: "Creating a technology solution alone was not enough, we needed to inject humanity and brand personality into the application and offer content that satisfied a real customer need."
The campaign will run in UK, France and Germany.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...