Mothercare to launch parenting website Gurgle
LONDON - High street retailer Mothercare has launched a social networking and advice website for parents called Gurgle, featuring articles, video tutorials and a question and answer service for new parents.
The free subscription website, which was created by digital marketing agency MediaBurn, has been launched by Mothercare to provide parents with tips and advice from child development and health practitioners on parenting issues.
Gurgle will carry more than 1,000 articles and 52 tutorial videos across a range of parenting stages, including pregnancy and birth to bringing up toddlers.
The site will also encourage visitors to contact other parents on the site about their experiences of having children, as well as featuring an online ovulation calendar and a baby name search engine.
Parents will also be able to contact other mums and dads in their local area or ones who are at a similar stage of their child's development.
Mothercare said Gurgle had been developed in response to feedback from parents who said there was a need to create an online community for parenting issues, while the retailer's own research found that 63% of pregnant women went online for advice within three weeks of giving birth, rising to 81% by the third trimester.
Ben Gordon, chief executive of Mothercare, said: "Mothercare already has a well-established web presence and Gurgle.com is a natural extension, leveraging the expertise and authority of our brand combined with innovative online marketing opportunities, to reach and help a broader spectrum of customers.
"As the site will link to Mothercare.com, it also offers us the opportunity to engage with our existing loyal customers via a new forum as well as reach parents who otherwise would not be exposed to Mothercare."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London