Ray appointed publishing director at Wallpaper
LONDON - IPC Media has appointed Gord Ray, the global marketing director of Danish luxury goods brand Georg Jensen, as publishing director of its design magazine Wallpaper.
Ray will take up his new role in January next year, replacing Andrew Black who left the publication to take up a managing director role at Swarovski.
Jackie Newcombe, IPC Southbank's managing director, said: "Wallpaper is a very special brand, synonymous with all that's best in the world of international design and luxury lifestyle.
"Fittingly, we have searched the world to find the right person to build on Wallpaper's recent successes and we have found that person in Gord."
Ray has 14 years' experience working with global consumer brands in the media, design and luxury goods industries.
He began his career in advertising agencies and digital communications in London, Toronto and Prague. Following this, he moved to Copenhagen to join Georg Jensen in 2003.
He said: "I have been an avid reader of Wallpaper since its early days and have watched it grow and evolve into the truly unique and remarkable brand that it is today."It is an honour and privilege to join this revolutionary publication and I look forward to being part of its continued future success."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive - Fantastic Digital / Integrated agency up to £22k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£22k, Surrey - Close to Guildford
- Global Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, South East region