Ray appointed publishing director at Wallpaper
LONDON - IPC Media has appointed Gord Ray, the global marketing director of Danish luxury goods brand Georg Jensen, as publishing director of its design magazine Wallpaper.
Ray will take up his new role in January next year, replacing Andrew Black who left the publication to take up a managing director role at Swarovski.
Jackie Newcombe, IPC Southbank's managing director, said: "Wallpaper is a very special brand, synonymous with all that's best in the world of international design and luxury lifestyle.
"Fittingly, we have searched the world to find the right person to build on Wallpaper's recent successes and we have found that person in Gord."
Ray has 14 years' experience working with global consumer brands in the media, design and luxury goods industries.
He began his career in advertising agencies and digital communications in London, Toronto and Prague. Following this, he moved to Copenhagen to join Georg Jensen in 2003.
He said: "I have been an avid reader of Wallpaper since its early days and have watched it grow and evolve into the truly unique and remarkable brand that it is today."It is an honour and privilege to join this revolutionary publication and I look forward to being part of its continued future success."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Business Director PFJ £60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...