R&B star appears in Habbo's Star Lounge
R&B star Sean Kingston has used social networking arena Habbo Hotel to reach his younger fan base.
Kingston's avatar entered the site's Star Lounge ahead of the launch of his second single, Love Me, on 26 November, to interact with users in the UK and France.
Before the event, Habbo users heard about Kingston's visit via media alerts in the Habbo news room.
The Star Lounge was 'decorated' to suit Kingston's image, and the 17-year-old artist answered questions in an informal, non-scripted, chatroom-style session.
Love Me is taken from his self-titled album, and features a Led Zeppelin sample, marking the second time that the band has allowed another artist to sample its material.
Other artists that have used the Habbo environment to reach the youth market include Bullet for My Valentine, Ozzy Osbourne, McFly and Lily Allen.
"Habbo has the visitor numbers, convenience of logistics in reaching an international audience, and engagement is second to none," explained Alistair Williams, marketing manager, Habbo Hotel.
There are now Habbo communities in 31 countries on five continents. More than 80 million Habbo characters have been created and six million unique users worldwide visit the sites each month.
Habbo Hotel has 650,000 monthly unique users in the UK (Source: Google Analytics).
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...