R&B star appears in Habbo's Star Lounge
R&B star Sean Kingston has used social networking arena Habbo Hotel to reach his younger fan base.
Kingston's avatar entered the site's Star Lounge ahead of the launch of his second single, Love Me, on 26 November, to interact with users in the UK and France.
Before the event, Habbo users heard about Kingston's visit via media alerts in the Habbo news room.
The Star Lounge was 'decorated' to suit Kingston's image, and the 17-year-old artist answered questions in an informal, non-scripted, chatroom-style session.
Love Me is taken from his self-titled album, and features a Led Zeppelin sample, marking the second time that the band has allowed another artist to sample its material.
Other artists that have used the Habbo environment to reach the youth market include Bullet for My Valentine, Ozzy Osbourne, McFly and Lily Allen.
"Habbo has the visitor numbers, convenience of logistics in reaching an international audience, and engagement is second to none," explained Alistair Williams, marketing manager, Habbo Hotel.
There are now Habbo communities in 31 countries on five continents. More than 80 million Habbo characters have been created and six million unique users worldwide visit the sites each month.
Habbo Hotel has 650,000 monthly unique users in the UK (Source: Google Analytics).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London