Wonderbra gorilla spoof pulled for copyright infringement
LONDON - Wonderbra's viral spoof of the Cadbury gorilla ad, featuring a model in a bra, was pulled because it breached Phil Collins' copyright.
The ad was removed from YouTube after a third party notification by Phil Collins Limited claimed that the material was infringing its copyright.
Wonderbra recreated the Cadbury's Dairy Milk ad for a viral campaign, replacing the gorilla with a 20-year-old model dressed only in a Wonderbra and jeans. She mimicks the gorilla's movements, drumming along to the Phil Collins' song 'In the Air Tonight'.
The camera focuses on her chest more and more as the ad progresses and it ends with the line "Two cups full of joy".
The campaign was overseen by marketing director Gordon Lee, who joined Wonderbra from Ann Summers in September. Lee experienced controversy last year when an ad promoting Ann Summers Rampant Rabbit Wave vibrator was banned from being displayed on the tube network by Transport for London.
Lee was appointed to oversee the Wonderbra, Playtex and Shockabsorber brands. He was tasked with refreshing the Wonderbra brand with the launch of several products.
The original 90-second Cadbury ad was written and directed by Sony Bravia 'balls' creative director Juan Cabral of Fallon London.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)