Wonderbra gorilla spoof pulled for copyright infringement
LONDON - Wonderbra's viral spoof of the Cadbury gorilla ad, featuring a model in a bra, was pulled because it breached Phil Collins' copyright.
The ad was removed from YouTube after a third party notification by Phil Collins Limited claimed that the material was infringing its copyright.
Wonderbra recreated the Cadbury's Dairy Milk ad for a viral campaign, replacing the gorilla with a 20-year-old model dressed only in a Wonderbra and jeans. She mimicks the gorilla's movements, drumming along to the Phil Collins' song 'In the Air Tonight'.
The camera focuses on her chest more and more as the ad progresses and it ends with the line "Two cups full of joy".
The campaign was overseen by marketing director Gordon Lee, who joined Wonderbra from Ann Summers in September. Lee experienced controversy last year when an ad promoting Ann Summers Rampant Rabbit Wave vibrator was banned from being displayed on the tube network by Transport for London.
Lee was appointed to oversee the Wonderbra, Playtex and Shockabsorber brands. He was tasked with refreshing the Wonderbra brand with the launch of several products.
The original 90-second Cadbury ad was written and directed by Sony Bravia 'balls' creative director Juan Cabral of Fallon London.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London