Royal Caribbean hires JWT and MindShare
LONDON - The cruise company Royal Caribbean International has awarded its global advertising and media accounts to a WPP team from JWT and MindShare.
The UK portion of the account, which is handled by a smaller agency called Positive Thinking, is unaffected by the appointment.
Royal Caribbean is looking to expand its UK advertising and build a global brand.
The agencies will develop work for two areas: the home ports, where the ships are docked; and the fly-cruise market, countries to which customers have to travel to join cruises.
In November, the company announced record net income for the third quarter 2007 of £190m, compared with £164m in 2006, on the back of better-than-expected late bookings.
Launched in 1968 by a conglomerate of three Norwegian shipping companies, Royal Caribbean travels to destinations in Europe, the Bahamas, Asia, Canada and the Caribbean.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex