Dunning Eley Jones creates new identity for Animal Planet
LONDON - Dunning Eley Jones has revamped the look of Discovery Communications' Animal Planet channel, to give it an edgier and more adult-focused feel for its relaunch.
Dunning Eley Jones were briefed to create a look that expressed the channel's values: instinctive, immersive, playful, emotional and entertaining.
The relaunch includes a range of new programmes, including docu-soaps and unscripted dramas, aimed at individuals aged 25 to 49, rather than families.
Animal Planet has also adopted a new tagline, "Same planet. Different world", to reflect the changes and emphasise the channel's animal perspective.
Dunning Eley Jones replaced the old elephant and globe logo with a new Animal Planet logo that is intended to convey an "animalistic boldness".
The new identity went on air on February 3 in the US and the international rollout is planned for the summer.
Brian Eley, creative director at Dunning Eley Jones, said: "We created a range of typographic animations and combined real animals with unexpected music choices, resulting in surreal, witty animal portraits, such as a hyperactive monkey and a pampered cat wearing a tiara."
Vicki Lowell, senior vice -president of marketing for Animal Planet Media, said: "We want our audience to feel before they think, replicating how life and death is acted out everyday in the animal kingdom.
"Our new brand identity immerses viewers in the instinctual emotion of the animal world."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...